The Green Hornet, No. 26, is the gas locomotive that runs during the shoulder seasons. The Green Hornet was purchased new by the British Columbia Electric Railway Company (now BC Hydro) and was used at the Jordan River hydroelectric power plant starting in the 1940s. The power plant had 6 miles of narrow gauge railway used to construct, access and service the dam site and transmission lines from 1909-1970.
In November of 1970, the museum purchased the locomotive from the Nelson Machinery Company of North Vancouver, with funds donated by Timothy Eaton of Eatons Canada. No. 26 was acquired by the museum to be a good and reliable backup to the steam locomotives. The Green Hornet serves as the railway’s work engine and alternate passenger train engine.
* Designation: 4-wheel, Model Tl2
* Weight: 10 tons
* Built: 1928, as c/n 2856
* The original gasoline engine was replaced by a 4-cylinder Hercules diesel engine, which has in turn been replaced by a Buick 340 cu in, V-8 gasoline engine
Gauge: narrow (36 inches)